Selecting the best international freight forwarder is essential for any business that imports and exports cargo regularly. The success of any company is primarily dependent on the shipments arriving correctly on time, without getting damaged or lost or getting stuck in the customs. Your business will need to exceed or meet every customer expectation with each order while controlling the cost of the product or the services.
Thus in the selection process of logistic solutions, you need to go thoroughly through the requirements to define them to your logistics partner. Formally communicate to them concisely and clearly in the Request for Quote section. Now you might wonder what role does a top freight shipping forwarder be it air or sea, will play in the international transactions? Well, a reliable cargo shipment logistics company like Combined Logistics, will look after the following areas of responsibilities.
- Detailed itemized cost list
- Delivering the shipper with all the documentation requirement of the foreign destination
- Focuses on documents of the shipment and handling necessary legalization procedure and certification
- Insurance coverage of the entire cargo
- Warehousing facilities at international locations
- Helping with the freight cost and quotes for international shipping
- Booking space for the freight on ships, airlines, trucks and other transportation modes
- Preparing documents and other banking documents of the shipper
- Document distribution to different segments in the transaction
- Arrangement for Custom clearance at unknown locations
- Offering information on toxic materials
- Other customized services
Things to Remember While Selecting a Logistics Company
Below are some of the primary aspects that you need to consider before selecting an international logistics company.
- Services offered by the company globally
- Countries where they operate or offer their services
- Any foreign-owned facility is present or not
- Bonded warehousing facilities
- Packing services in international locations like pick and pack or JIT
- Administrative functions like invoicing
- Member of the Customs-Trade Partnership against Terrorism (C-TPAT)
- Experience with ATA carnets
- Temporary bonds for import
How should you select for the best Freight Forwarding Company?
The selection process of the best Freight Forwarding Company can be divided into the following steps.
- Decide the requirements and communicate directly in a concise manner with the organization. Clear this in your preliminary meetings to be away from any sort of confusion.
- Always research the logistics companies that interest you. Compile information on their insurance coverage, financial strength, the total number of offices in international locations, and many more.
- Prepare for the negotiations early. Think about the total cost; set a targeted date and time frame.
- Narrow down the choices based on the services, positive reviews of the past customers, and cost.
- Discuss the details and make the best deal with the finest company on your list.
Well, if you are still seeking for the best international cargo forwarder for your import and export business, then you are absolutely under the correct spotlight. Combined Logistics is a logistic solution provider with more than 12 years of experience in the field of transporting general, hazardous material, and food-grade products. With them, you will be sure that your products are in good hands and safely reach the destination!